And here it finally is! After another 2 years, we have finally released the last content extension of CrossCode!
That’s really a lot of game for not all that much!
For Indiegogo Backers
Since the early supporters on Indiegogo made the development of CrossCode possible in the first place, we decided to make the DLC a perk of the original “Game” tier (and above) for our Indiegogo backers.
You’ll find the DLC on CrossCentral (there might be a slight delay with the upload).
What’s in the DLC
Here is what CrossCode: A New Home has to offer:
- A playtime of about 8-15 hours
- Ku’lero Temple: Probably the biggest dungeon we’ve ever created
- Fight against several enemies, including over 10 new bosses
- Run over water for the very first time in the new area Azure Archipelago
- Tackle 8 new optional quests with unique mechanics and scenarios
- Listen to 3 new music tracks composed by はがね/STEEL_PLUS
- Unlock new Arena Cups and Bonus CP to fully upgrade your circuit tree!
- And of course: Finish the raid!
Note: All the new content of the DLC is playable after the end of the main game. There is no reason to restart from the beginning – you can continue with your old save.
CrossCode Original Soundtrack EX
This soundtrack features not only the new tracks of the DLC, but also a number of more recent CrossCode tracks that didn’t make it into the first soundtrack, as well as a selection of old tracks from the early demos and Early Access versions.
State of Localizations
Since we’re entirely hopeless with scheduling, we ended up adding too much text content just days before the release. Our localization partners did their best to translate the new content as fast as possible, but still, the localizations might not be 100% complete by the time of the release. Just to be clear: If you see any untranslated text (which will mostly be for quests and other optional content) – that’s because we added the content way too recently! We’re sorry!
The good news is: we’re all working on the localization at this very moment and will update the game as soon as it’s completed – this will hopefully happen within a week.
How to play the DLC
The DLC will extend the story of CrossCode. So in order to play it, you need to finish the main story of CrossCode first – and you’ll need to get the good ending.
You’ve reached the good ending when the final screen looks like this:
However, when the right side of that screen is red, you got the bad ending. Don’t worry! You can get to the good ending very quickly by going to the left and replaying the final part of the game. You can even skip the last battles, dungeon, and boss fights.
Here’s a more detailed guide (with an obvious spoiler warning):
- In the Meta Space, go to the left to be set back in time
- Teleport to Rhombus Square – South Arch
- Go down the stairs in the south east, then to the east entering Lloyd Passage and keep running further to the east
- At this point, you might spot Albert sitting in a cafe in the south east of Lloyd Passage
- Walk to Albert and talk to him! From this point on, the game will give you clear instructions on what to do next
- Make sure you convince Albert’s friend in the following meeting!
- If you want, you can safely skip the following raid of Vermillion Wasteland, the final dungeon and the final boss fight to get right to the ending
- If you did everything right, you’ll get the good ending and can start playing CrossCode: A New Home!
A New Home with New Game Plus
CrossCode: A New Home is fully compatible with NG+ saves. Certain NG+ options such as Sergey Hacks might even slightly change the game’s dialog. However, keep in mind that playing the game with certain NG+ options might impact the overall difficulty and entirely negate any sort of challenge.
We recommend playing the DLC with a regular save first!
Bugs, Crashes and Worse
This DLC is our first major release since a very long time. Please keep in mind that, as with any major release, things might not be entirely stable yet. There will be bugs.
We did a lot of testing and had a very long beta phase prior to the release. However, from experience we know that there will always be issues left that we missed.
That’s why we’ll be set and ready to patch things up as quick as possible, at least for the next week or two!
Hopefully, nothing critically bad will happen. But if you want to be extra sure, we recommend keeping a save from the end of the main game.
And that’s all! Have fun with the DLC! We hope you enjoy the extended story, new battles, and puzzles!
Until next time!